Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Studded Pumpkin and Sweet Caramel

One doesn't really have too much to do with the other (well, I guess you could eat the snack WHILE making the pumpkin) BUT I wanted to blog about both!! Here is the studded pumpkin......

I was inspired by this one (LOVE the BLUE and kinda wish I had painted mine blue as well). I am sorry to whomever's idea this was...I saved it to my desktop and I forgot to save the blog SO if it's yours, please tell me!!

I bought my foam pumpkin at the thrift store....it was this great shade of green when I bought it....
AND the BEST part is....I only paid .60 for it!!

After I added all my tacks (which were purchased from the Dollar Tree...they come in boxes of 300 - and you will need 2 boxes...you won't use all of the second box but you will probably need about 45 from the second box). While I LOVE the brass AND the green, not sure how I feel about them together (I don't feel like there is enough of a contrast - like with the blue and the brass).
The nice thing about this project is it will carry from September thru Thanksgiving!
Inspired by McDonald's Caramel Apple Sundae (WHICH I have yet to have) I made some of my own Caramel Apples in A Dish with Granny Smith Apples, Butterscotch (it's what I had on hand) and whip cream - YUM-O!

No comments: