Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, March 11, 2016

FOODIE FRIDAY....SALADS

Salads seem pretty basic -right?!?!? WRONG!!! Salads don't have to be boring!!! Below are some salads I have made over time (most within the past week). 

SOUTHWEST PEPPER JACK SALAD with a homemade Avocado Dressing 
(the recipe can be found on my Pinterest Board)

A nice fresh salad with strawberries, unsweetened coconut chips, and a handful of sea salt melba toast crackers crunched up for well, THE CRUNCH!! Topped lightly with a balsamic vinagrette

BOTH these salads were made with the same greens (organic baby spring mix from Target AND on clearance for $1.99)

Below I added 1 roma tomato (my tom of choice), 2 strips of turkey bacon (I cook the lb ahead of time and freeze and pull out the slices as needed - that way they are always ready for me) and topped with @TraderJoes Cilantro dressing. BOTH took under 5 minutes to make and were PERFECT!! Flavorful, filling and GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Do YOU do SALADS?!??!

No comments: