Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

THRIFTY TUESDAY....THRIFT FINDS for the HOLIDAY SEASON






I love to thrift....the possibilities of what's new and different and NOT commercial (ie not in everyone else's home) EXCITE me!! I could literally spend a few hours in a thrift store without even realizing how much time has passed. A few weeks ago I was on the hunt for candle sconces for my living room to hang here

And I found these sconces
 Something small and petite (because I knew for Christmas I wanted to put greenery behind them). I post an "after" pic once they are embellished (I did already install them but the natural lighting makes it challenging to get a good pic).

Here are the rest of my thrift finds....

 Green was the color of the week...I have a few other colored tags BUT I knew I couldn't buy these items CHEAPER new, could use them and they may not be there when THAT color of the week is on sale (that IS the one issue with thrifting - there is no going back for it, because usually it's gone). Lets break this haul down shall we?

 We'll go left to right:
White tray - .50
(I LOVE white dishes, they are so classic and become a collection simply because they are white so you can mix and match all day and if a piece gets broken - no biggie).

Pinkish Red Mini Hurricane - .50 originally from Crate & Barrel
( I'm not sure if it's going to work where I was originally going to place it BUT we'll see - stay tuned)

Silver and Gold Gift Candle Holders - .50 each and they look fancy and expensive - thinking in a centerpiece?

NEW roll of tulle - .99 I have used this on 3 of my Christmas trees and there's still SOME left -this was a STEAL!!!

Glass Candle Sticks - .50/each CHEAPER than Dollar Tree and the possibilities for these are ENDLESS  - good "craft" staple

Black Glitter Star Ornaments - .50 great for package toppers or ornament fillers in the tree

6 Vintage Dessert cups - I think these would be so precious for ice cream and they were .50 each (I plan to do a tablescape with these)

The sconces - .99 each

and that Gorgeous Pink Pointsettia Napkin Ring - Dept 56 and was .99 (I always do a candy colored christmas so I knew this could def be worked into my decor AND ironically enough when I went back a few days later I found another one - just need 4 more).

A few close ups....I know this post was kinda wordy...when I get the items incorporated into my decor I will show HOW I used them! I hung these sconces and added the greenery, a rocks glass and a battery operated candle for a festive holiday look!




All items on the shutter were thrifted EXCEPT the battery operated candles (they were from Dollar Tree). SO the cost for a statement piece that frames my window was under $3.00 - TOTAL!!!
The shutters were a free curb find, the sconce was .99, the rocks glass .50, the candle .50 (it was a 2 pack at Dollar Tree) the greenery was from the bins SO maybe .20 and the tulle was the spool that was .99 and keeps on giving!!


No comments: