Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, December 8, 2017

FOODIE FRIDAY...HOLIDAY SHARING....A TRAY TO TAKE

The holiday season is a time of lots of get togethers, hosting parties, lil luncheons, and SNACK SEASON!!! At work we had a potluck and I volunteered a veggie tray because at DELISH as all the snack-y foods are it's good to get a lil veggies in the mix too (and I mean with Dill dip you can't go wrong - that stuff is good on potato chips!!).



I buy the baby carrots (I hate when they are "wet" in the bag...like sometimes I won't even buy them...but the cure I found for this is to lay them out on a towel {I have specific towels for veggie prep, tortilla shells, etc - ya know food towels - that don't get dried with fabric softener or used for anything else but food}). I bought the lil cherry tomatoes, and the green peppers, cucumbers and celery I cut myself...I know you can buy all this pre-cut BUT you pay for convenience....I went about gathering my supplies (tray, bowl for dip, containers for crackers)

 Used this zester/peeler thing I have to make the lines in the cucumbers, saved the leaves from the celery to top the dip and laid it all out on the tray in sections....took less than 20 minutes to complete (which includes washing the veggies and cutting...I did make the dip a few hours ahead so the taste could marinate for a bit).
I love a good veggie tray - nostalgic of when I was a kid and we had family gatherings....
What do YOU bring to potlucks and get togethers?!?!

No comments: