Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Knee Deep in Projects

We've all been here...lots of projects, FAB ideas and just not enough time during the course of a day!! The first 2 pics are courtesy of my mom AKA Nana! She is the fab-est sewstress I know! Any time I need a stitch here or a hem there mom is there for me! She told me she was making the kids toothfairy pillows (am I a bad mom because Maya hasn't had one thus far and has lots several teeth?) anyway, she sewed these from SCRATCH, the toothfairy is her John Handcock and sewing. These are heirlooms that will be treasured forever! Thanks mom, Love you!




Next is one of "those" projects that's been on my to-do list for 2 years! The pitiful part is it took about 5 minutes or less to do! Started out with a vintage white n red trimmed enamel lid (I think)
Which I transformed into this....
TA-DA!! A fun vintage bird feeder! This will be for sale in the shop!

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I love the bird feeder idea... great job!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute! Thanks for linking up to my party!!!

XOOX
Jen