Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Fluff

In this post I will be showing you "fluff" and stuff!!
I started out with this silver tinsel wreath from the dollar spot at Target.....

Hung it on the window frame mirror in the entryway.....KNEW it looked pitiful and sad...KNEW it needed some ribbon....but just couldn't decided what color / kind to use...silly, right? For some reason these days I am very indecisive....
While at the shop sorting through the ribbon choices, I brought all the greens and leopard print home! I thought this celery green plaid was a gorg choice.....
Here's a side by side.....it's pretty amazing what a difference a lil swatch of ribbon and color made....wouldn't you agree?

I had some empty glass globes from last year and this vintage tinsel (which by the way I have available for purchase IF you're interested) and combined these two elements to make a vintage sleek ornament....
and as we learned, ribbon makes a world of difference.....and I had these stragglers from other ornaments I purchased and some soap BUT they were BOTH wrinkly....you're looking at this saying wait, the orange one is smooth....
That's because I used this.....

My iron is at the shop and I wanted to complete this lil project SO desperate times called for desperate measures! My lil helpful hint of the day...for small wrinkly items, use your hair straightener!!

Remember this lil cupcake holder that I employed to hold my ornaments?

While it was a clever idea it needed more.....
AHHH, that's MORE like it!! (see the orange ribbon I flat ironed, and the tinsel ornaments I made?) Orange, zebra, leopard silver......OH, and I moved it here....
Much better, no?
While we're' looking at the bookcase......here is my "ode to CHRISTmas"....
Simply covered my decor books in wrapping that coordinated with my decor...simple and elegant.....and OF COURSE the reason for the season.....Celluloid / bakelite Mary, Joseph and Manger (baby Jesus will appear in due time) Vintage church and a FAB tin tile with a crucifix.
THESE are a few of my favorite things.....

1 comment:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

pretty silvers! i got me a hot pink wreath from targets $1 bin!!

Stop by my blog and say HI! Miss ya:)