Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A LEOPARD doesn't change her spots....

You CAN'T take the leopard outta this girl!! It's no secret that my animal print of choice is LEOPARD (although I have been leaning toward zebra has of late). I wanted some more leopard accents in my holiday decor BUT nothing too garish! I had these vintage pale gold ornaments on hand and wouldn't really use them in my decor as they are...so they've been sitting in the box all season....UNTIL the lightbulb went off to leopard-ify them....

I pulled out the glue and this FAB glitter mix that I had (silver, golds and coppers all in the same tube - no CLUE where it came from). They were looking good BUT missing something....the BLACK around the spot, that's what they needed.....

Ta-da!! L O V E!! I didn't have any paintbrushes on hand and was SO desperate to get them done that I considered using my make-brushes (no worries, that insanity only ensued momentarily) so I used the next best thing - a Sharpie! I think I need to make some more of these bad-birds (I only made 2). Happy decorating!

No comments: