Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, October 13, 2017

FOODIE FRIDAY...TOTALLY TIKKA Crackers





Y'all know I LOVE me some TOTALLY TIKAA http://www.totallytikaa.com/ CLICK the link to check her out!! I watched an Instalive she had a few weeks ago where she made Ranch coated crackers.....I decided to make taco flavored crackers because I LOVE me some spice and it would go perfectly with the chili dinner I had planned.

 (see that little hand that couldn't wait to dig in?!?!)
The "recipe" may be on her insta or her blog (BOTH by the name Totally Tikaa). It's simple - 4 sleeves of saltines (she also did oyster crackers)

She says to grab a container your crackers will fit in and showed them in a row like this...we had just celebrated my daughters birthday SO I used the plastic cake container (I washed out after the cake was gone) so I could just pitch it when I was done making my crackers - I HATE cleaning anything that has cooking oils on it - ESP plastic.

You use a cup of CANOLA OIL (has to be Canola) and a package of seasoning (Ranch, taco, ETC) and crushed pepper flakes and garlic powder - last two to taste. Mix the seasonings INTO the oil (a whisk makes it easy) PRIOR to dumping on the crackers....

Drizzle the oil mixture FAST so the two don't separate....it should look something like this....

FLIP a few times to mix! Then she says give a flip every time you walk by them! This was the kids favorite part!!24 hours later they're ready for eating!!

Store in a airtight container and they'll last a couple weeks or until gone!!





No comments: