Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

THRIFTY TUESDAY....GOOGLY EYE WREATH TARGET INSPO

I find inspiration everywhere I go....I usually try to take a picture (so that when I 'm scrolling thru my camera a week later I'm like "oh yeah...I was gonna duplicate that").

HERE'S my INSPO (these are available @target for $3.00 - not terribly expensive BUT when you have the supplies on hand and it's "free" you DIY that shiz)



(letters available for purchase in my ETSY shop)





I COULD have used the paper plate for my wreath BUT I decided instead of it looking like a Kindergarten project I'd class it up and use the cardboard from my pack of water bottles (reduce, re-use, RECYCLE).  I needed a smaller center for my wreath so I grabbed a piece of milk glass out of my hutch and traced it
Used my kitchen "meat scissors" to trim out the center...this is a HIGH CLASS craft y'all

Gathered my supplies and got started!! I originally wasn't going to use the white pom poms BUT decided they are eyeballs AFTER ALL so I added the white ones in there (NO PASTELS)

THIS WAS AS FAR AS I GOT .....
(couldn't find the FULL bag of orange poms I have...I literally tore my office apart and the house where I THINK they would be....an hour later I was frustrated and decided I'd just pick up two bags from @dollartree ....I couldn't find my googly eyes either...so I bought some girly ones from HOBLOB with EYELASHES for a dolla (I KNOW what you're thinking now....I coulda just bought the dang wreath...but there's NOTHING like homemade - AM I RIGHT?!?! Can I get an AMEN!?!). 


HERE is my finished girl-y eyed wreath! 


Just need to chose out the PERFECT ribbon and hang on my back door!!

No comments: