Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Garage Sale Season

Is in full swing here in the Midwest! I haven't had a chance to frequent but one or two this year because I have been so busy at the shop! This morning I woke to a gorgeous 68 degree sunny day, so my lil guy and I headed out to see what we could find! We made a list:

*Sisal Rug (for the patio)
*Fishing Lures (for his lil fishing hat)
*Jewelry
*Cars or Trucks (his wish)

Our loot....


Jewelry - ✔
(although you can't see it that well I got a pearl necklace, a coffee colored fresh water pearl necklace, sterling bangle and a fun link necklace I plan to use in my altered jewelry)

No Sisal Rugs

Car or Truck - ✔
(For some reason I cannot get that pic to upload.....thought y'all might like to see the firetruck Mickey dropped on my flip-flopp wearin foot)

We FORGOT to look for fishing hooks (although if we did see some I'm sure it would've jogged our memories).
Not a dead animal hanging off the end of the wheelbarrow, it's a scarf made of fur (or I guess some would call it a dead animal), pale blue vintage slip with GREAT lace detailing, cute lil leopard boots (which I plan to use as porch decor) some silver pieces (just can't get enough of those bad birds!) the broken hose I plan to make a cute garden wreath out of.....
....and the patriotic wooden basket already has found a spot on my front porch (come back saturday to see that, a mini-makeover on the porch and my new wreath).


No comments: