Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, October 20, 2016

TRY IT THURSDAY....Spooky Candelabra

I still go on Pinterest for inspiration. I pinned this style candles back in the summer and KNEW I wanted to try making them

What do YOU think they are made from? 


If you guessed toilet paper and paper towel rolls you were correct!!!! I drizzled the hot glue around the tops and down the sides to give the effect of melted wax....Then took them outside to spray paint them....
(I stuck bamboo kabob skewers in the cardboard to hold the rolls upright while spraying)

I found that the cheap-o .99 cent spray paint did NOT work....I had some line marking spray paint on hand (I think I got it from a shop and swap) and that gave AWESOME coverage).


Bought a few packs of battery operated tea lights from Dollar Tree (to make the tea lights stay I had to hot gue the inside of the tubes to make a lip for them to catch on).

I LOVE the way they turned out!! For $5.00 and some time I have a FABULOUS piece of all Hallows Eve decor!!!

No comments: