Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Been UNDERWATER

What a beautiful lake right? IF it were a lake! This is a local field....
Wishing I was snorkeling or scuba diving....instead I'm trying to salvage precious baby pics

doing 85 loads of laundry
Anyone wanna come by and help fold some laundry? I'll have the vodka lemonades ready!


and prepping to wash the entire basement down with bleach


Here you can see the water has covered one step completely and is creeping up to the next one...
This was MILD compared to the disaster that came as 18" of water rose....the rubbermaid's started floating and fell over....all we could hear was crashing and banging as boxes fell...



As of now we have thrown away 6 garbage bags full of stuff **UPDATED A wicker toy chest, an old oak bookshelf, a vintage record cabinet, another 5 bags of trash, my newer timelesss sofa and loveseat, 3 pre-lit Christmas trees*** ....a ton of ruined craft supplies (thank you Tia for the Michael's Gift Card....that'll help start to rebuild my craft stash. Anyone with fab holiday projects send them my way! I'm going to be a crafting maven!), ruined holiday deco (some handmade)....it is so sad to me....
In spite of the miserable flood, we still entertained (as we were having a bbq to break in our new patio). Some of my FAB ideas fell by the wayside, I didn't get too many pics of the food set up BUT we enjoyed good friends and good food....isn't that what it's all about at the end of our days?






We also had a lil Birthday celebration for me (thanks Jule)


looking for the rainbow at the end of our rain.....


2 comments:

VS said...

Oh r...I'm so sorry for all that rain you have. I live in the mountains of so cal & last winter it felt like it would NEVER stop snowing...the weather is changing me thinks!
So happy I happened across your blog, it's delightful! I can't wait to follow you along all of life's grand adventures!
Smiles,
Susie

Gracefully Vintage said...

Oh You poor thing, wish i lived closer to come help...
THat so sucks...
I guess you'll have memories of the summer that flooded...WIsh you tons of luck cleaning-orgaizning..
Love the cheetah.
karryann