Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Stars and Stripes


**** NEW PICS BELOW****


Hi y'all! I'm still alive and kicking! Made it through the "big Move"....a 26' foot truck, 3 guys and 1 day....now to unpack! (of course it was 85 degrees on moving day and yes that's sweat).

We're having family over this weekend for a 4th of July BBQ and I NEED to decorate still (who cares that there are boxes all over the place, right? I'll just decorate around them :) or paint them red, white and blue....just kidding.....maybe). The pic of all the vintage goodness is a display at the boutique....tonight when I get home and I am going to decorate now that I've been inspired by.....
Come back tomorrow to see my HOME decor! Vintage gumball machine, stars and stripes, whites....

YAHOO! As promised (a few days late but here none the less) are a few of my vintage 4th of July decor (until my camera DIED...always something, I tell ya). I pulled my rubbermaid tote of 4th of July Decor and thought 'GREAT! I have a ton of stuff" um, no, as I started pulling it out I realized it was just the boxes the stuff came in....I wanna got to Pier One and get one of those FAB handtowels like Shannon found. Anyway, I used only what I had on hand....
White vintage pottery, vintage army black and whites and a few new pieces....


LOVe this pair of vases? Bookends? I got at Goodwill last year....throw in a few red and blue books and VIOLA! Red, white and blue! (notice the book on the end is called "Life in America"...from a local church sale....bought it knowing it'd be the perfect prop for my 4th of July decor)
Aren't these FAB?!?! Red, white and blue sweethearts! I wish I would've gotten several more boxes so I could've filled my gumball machine!

Have a HAPPY and SAFE Fourth of July!

5 comments:

Debbie~ said...

Beautiful, I looove everything in the vignette!
I like your spirit ie. paint the boxes red, white & blue!!! You have a wonderful 4th.with your family BBQ! Thanks for sharing, and don't work too hard! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

anythinggoeshere said...

How great is that whole display! I see you are another Illinois girl! Thank you for taking part in the Vintage 4th of July party. The next one will be Vintage 4th of July. xo Joan, your hostess anythinggoeshere

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh paint the boxes! :)

Have a spectacular Fourth!

Kristal said...

I say paint the boxes too! Love all your red, white and blue stuff! Stop by see mine...Grace Goods at blogspot.

~♥~
Kristal

anythinggoeshere said...

I featured your blog in my Favorites recap of the Vintage 4th of July blog party. Just wanted you to know so you could come by and take a look. xo Joan, your hostess