Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, July 16, 2010

NEW Garden Tour 2010

Tracey at http://acottageindustry.typepad.com/a_cottage_industry/ A Cottage Industry is hosting her annual.....
I am so EXCITED to participate this year as I am in a new home....a BLANK canvas....
WELCOME
(for this project check the previous post)
This is how our house started out....builder stock shrubs (we did KEEP the lilacs but will be moving them at some point) Builder stock plastic shutters.....WE installed the copper window boxes in EARLY spring....

Ahhhh, getting better.....some flowers in the boxes....(these were from a $5.00 hanging basket....so $2.50 a window box...not too shabby)
After digging the 3 shrubs up, we laid all our plant material out prior to planting (we had shopped 2 days before and had such a GREAT time my guy and I....I love that he gave input and seemed to enjoy creating our garden as much as I did)
We saw these FAB thick n hearty shutters in a patio book and we KNEW we could build them....Here's my guy installing them....(you can see the old shutter he's removing vs. the new FAB ones)
What a difference!!

Now onto the backyard....We had a stamped concrete patio poured out there. Here is the (semi) before.....

And the next day....the furniture is on the patio BUT WOW, where's the character? The warm welcome?

You'll have to come back to see how I warmed it up....what I did with this lil guy....
and where all these STEAL of a DEAL perennials and herbs went (when I say steal we are talking between .10 and .25 a plant)
Come back and see the as finished as it'll be this summer back patio (we are hosting a party next weekend so the pressure's on)

2 comments:

Ana said...

Hi there, I just wanted to drop by to say Hi and to thank you for stopping by today at A Petite Cottage. I'm always so happy to meet new blogging buddies. Anyway, great job with your garden and home. It's coming along very nicely. Oooo, and now I'm intrigued...I'll have to come back and see what you do with your cute little piggy. Hope you come and visit again real soon.

Hugs and Smiles,
♥Ana

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hi Maya...thanks for stopping by and saying hi. I love your sweet little flag...and your new home looks lovely....it is always fun to fix things up the way we want them!!