Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, February 10, 2017

FOODIE FRIDAY.....EGGS - It's what's for BREAKFAST

Eggs- it's what's for breakfast (or dinner or brunch - whenever!!). It's a relatively inexpensive protein and GREAT start to your day! I will be honest in telling you it's not my favorite UNLESS it's wrapped in an omelet fulla chedda cheese, ham, green peppers and onions!! My daughter HATES eggs and equates them to smelling like wet dog! Alas, in line with my healthy lifestyle they are pretty instrumental! Here's how I tolerate eggs for breakfast! 

Crack two of those bad (NOT) birds into a bowl...add a dash of milk for a fluffier egg...

I like to use coconut oil to "grease" my pan...better alternative to butta AND cooks the eggs like a dream! Add a dash of Goya Adobo (a salt mix with garlic and yummy flavors - of you're anti salt read my post LAST week). Adobo can be found at any international market store, your local spanish store and SOMETIMES a local grocer....

Add your coconut oil (this actually was a lil too much)

After mixing your eggs add to your heated fry pan where you have melted your coconut oil...

NOW, this is a BIG ONE!!! I used to make the mistake of using a "pancake" flipper like this to turn my eggs...





BUT what ya really need is THIS

A nice pliable malleable rubber spatula to get UNDER those eggs and turn them...


I like my eggs in bigger chunks so they're easier to eat on the go (I do this A LOT - eat my breakfast on the go)
I added a piece of rye toast with a pat a butta and pepper on my eggs AFTER cooking (pepper helps stimulate digestion) and VIOLA! Breakfast is served!!

No comments: