Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

THRIFTY TUESDAY....DIY POM POM SANDALS

 Y'ALL!!! I have been wanting to make my own Pom Pom Sandals for at LEAST two summers now!!! (and my tribe has always convinced me NOT to....what's that saying?!?! Be true to you...you do you...be a leader not a follower...ANY of those are appropriate). SO this time I'm doing it!!! I gathered my supplies:
 Supplies:
Tassels - Wine Glass markers on Clearance from Target's Dolla Spot (may 2017)
Pom Poms - Dollar Tree
Sandals - Ralph Lauren - thrifted (that way if they got messed up I wouldn't feel too bad since they were thrifted).

Hopped on Pinterest and gathered some inspiration that was relevant to what I was trying to do:






I used E600 glue to attach the pom poms (I did find they began to slide down after a bit SO I used clothes pins to hold them in place until the glue settled). I used the rings that the tassels came with to attach them in between the leather weave on the sandals and VIOLA!!!!


I LOVE how they turned out!!! My daughter was not a fan...

and I MAY or may not have gotten a lil pom pom crazy and glued the happy lil fuzzy balls all around this basket...

 

No comments: