Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, August 31, 2017

TRY IT THURSDAY DIY CHUNKY GOLD GLITTER PUMPKIN

These cooler mornings are giving me all the feels....for FALL!!!! I LOVE everything about it (except getting darker early - DO NOT LIKE THAT PART) the layers, sweaters, PSL er'thing, candles, leaves, apples, cider, fires....

Back in JULY I saw this display at my local @joannfabrics 

I am pretty smitten with ALL the pumpkins and know I could DIY most of them! First on the list was the white with the chunky gold glitter bottom.... 

I purchased my lil jack at Dollar Tree and had the chunky glitter from Targets Dolla spot last Christmas (I couldn't remember why I originally bought the chunky glitter UNTIL I was thinking about senior photos - that's what I bought it for).
 Got some wax paper, painted the bottom 1/3 of the pumpkin with white glue and sprinkled the chunky glitter on...
 

 I did this one morning BEFORE work and I felt so accomplished! I let sit to dry....and will be putting it on display NEXT WEEK (well I was holding out for September...tomorrow IS September 1st....).


Next on my list is the feather pumpkin!! What has been your FAVE FALL DIY that I should try?!?!


No comments: