Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

THRIFTY TUESDAY....CHANDELIER MAKE OVER on the CHEAP

I have this really (ugly) vintage (not cute) farmhouse style chandelier in my dining room....

While I'd LOVE to swap it out for something legit vintage that I love I am NOT DOWN with electrical lighting and wiring. SO I added a chandelier cord cover to the chain (I have an extra one for sale if anyone's interested)


The cord cover made it SLIGHTLY better....But I KNEW I was ditching the shades (ya know since one was missing and another was broken)


 

And I wanted to replace them with these really cool exposed bulbs....


 As you can see the bottom bulb is $14.50 @ theamazon as Totally Tikaa calls it! And the top one was around 9.00 per bulb I believe....so still not awful but def NOT thrifty!!



I found these bulbs on clearance at my local drugstore.... 

                                     Unique shape, 5 left and $1.40 each - SOLD!!!


(HARD to get a good pic of them lit)
 I am content with the outcome (for now). It def looks more updated and I didn't get electricuted in the process - I'm good with that!!









No comments: