Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, May 17, 2010

On Being a Mother....


....I am SO far behind in life BUT didn't want to miss a chance to talk about being a mom, kids and life! I know I am a week late BUT I really wanted to blog about this....First HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mom's, mom's to be, aunts, grandma's, great grandma's and special women! This year I celebrated with 2 families -my own and my boyfriends family....it was a whirlwind day but thoroughly enjoyed!

Flowers from the kids and my guy! My VERY FAVORITE, tulips!

Breakfast with the boyfriend's mom and sis's fam and flower shopping with my mom and Maya. Every year my mom and I flower shop -it's become a tradition! Unfortunately I didn't take but a few pictures. But the memories are locked up tight in my heart! While out flower shopping with mom I fond this FAB coral colored impatient hanging basket (I've never seen them in this particular color before. I am so excited because at the new house the garden colors will be peachy corals and hot pinks).

My sweet children gave me a homemade soap heart made with their own lil hands and on top was this....

MOTHER

"M" is for the Million things she gave me
"O" means only that she's old
"T" is for the tears she shed for me
"H" is for her heart of purest gold
"E" is for her eyes of love-light shining
"R" mean right, and right she will always be

Put them all together, they spell
"Mother" a word that means the world to me

Now tell me, is there a dry eye (well except for that "O" old comment)....she went on-line and found saying for mom, grandma and aunt and put them on top of all our packages - she's 10! and about the sweetest most helpful child you'd ever meet. She's the girl a kid want to know on their first day of school as she will take you under her wing, she's the daughter I am blessed to have, who always helps me out! I know as a BUSY mother I don't always take the time to tell my kids how much they mean to me, but I am making a conscious effort to change all that! Don't let a day go by without hugging your child, or telling them you love them or that they've done a good job!

Even my niece got in on the gift giving action and got me my fave candy! Mint Meltaways from Fannie May!

Hope everyone had a GREAT day!





No comments: