Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's the GREAT PUMPKIN

Charlie Brown!! (which by the way will be on this THURSDAY night at 7:00pm - check your local listings). Every year we carve pumpkins and each year it gets a lil easier as the kids are getting older. I am fortunate my daughter LOVES to dig out the "guts" and seeds (my LEAST favorite part!) so we all do our own gut digging! This year I have found a few lil helpful hints that I thought I'd share (although I am CERTAIN y'all already have this down!).

For the first time this year I am doing the battery operated tea lights for my pumpkins (that way when the wind blows they WILL STAY LIT. In addition, I don't have to waste my good candles outside AND no worries about setting the porch in fire! We know these battery operated candles are all over the place....I got mine at the Dollar Tree...2 in a pack for $1.00 (so far, so good). I didn't want to put these "candles" directly on the pumpkin SO I used these fab lil canning / jelly jars I found at the Salvation Army the other day. When I saw them I KNEW I'd find something to do with them (and for .29 HOW can you go wrong?!?!). I bought three and what do you know?!? I have three pumpkins....fate?
For the pumpkin lids I painstakingly cut each lil notch (so they would look neat and pretty) BUT when I went to put the lid on it was a bit like a puzzle...trying to figure out which cute lil groove fit together....I KNEW I wasn't gonna go through this EVERY time I lit the pumpkins...
So I colored a lil black triangle once the pieces match up on one lil point....
and VIOLA! They fit together!

No comments: