Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Spooktacular

I have felt challenged decorating this year for halloween (new house, so no familiar places to put stuff) SO little by little I've been getting the scaries out! This vignette is in the kitchen on the buffet....my favorite part is the "bowl of bones" (say that 5 times....it's fun and happy)
The mantle also proved challenging as I wanted to display the hissy fit sign (isn't that CUTE and so appropriate for the season...certainly not everyday...no, I don't have hissy fits)! See that hurricane at the end on the right side? Saw that at a boutique over the weekend (this place was SO CUTE!! It's in Rockford, PORCH)
So I tried my hand at it.....

Started out with these (bag of candy corn, bag and a half of black beans and a bag of white beans)
Lest you think it was as easy as just dumping them in the bag....as I did (which it would have IF I realized the shear size of my container and bought more fillers) and I KNEW I wouldn't be able to stand looking at it all a mess...SO I sorted through the three layers and separated them (and took a pic in case y'all didn't believe me)

For a hot minute I thought about running back to the store (but decided a 2o minute drive just wasn't worth it) KNEW I couldn't wait 'til morning to buy more. I started thinking....AH HA! If I find something short and cylindrical I can get the beans around it and not waste precious black beans filling the bottom.....


Remember my happy bittersweet display?

I didn't want to put it away because I SO enjoy the orange and green combo....SO I added a skully....
and my White Wednesday pumpkin stand......


Turned WICKED.....


Happy Haunting!

No comments: