Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Give Thanks

I haven't done too much Turkey Day decorating (couldn't find it from the move in June and when I did there were several larger serveware / deco pieces that were destroyed in the flood - SO that means I should hit the sales the day after Thanksgiving - oh wait, that's Black Friday, I will be shopping anyway!!). I picked up this "Give Thanks" sign at HobLob....maybe not exactly appropriate over the bar OR MAYBE it is!! I LOVE the granny smith apple green and orange combo this fall. For a brief moment I thought I wasn't going to be able to use my apple wreath for Thanksgiving decor as it just wasn't looking "right" that was until I added the green metal serving tray and the give thanks sign BUT still, something wasn't quite right....it was the burlap "ribbon" I had on the wreath (see my post back in September if interested) BUT when I added the orange - POW! Perfect! So I guess that just goes to show if ya really LOVE something, just keep trying until it works!


This next piece is my FAV of the season! I bought the old porch column base at the CUTEST lil antique row (she was a private owner with a barn, a shop, and 3 or 4 cute lil themed out buildings right there on her property). I knew I wanted a cloche look BUT for some reason never picked one up (ok, I do know the reason, I am trying to cut back on unnecessary tchotckes) SO I flipped a vase/pillar holder thing I had on hand upside down, added some of that crazy filler and the cutest metal turkey I just picked up Monday and have a very Pottery Barn-ish display.
The holiday mantle which I am not thrilled with....another case of trying to use what I love(ya know when ya get a pic in your head of what you plan to do and then it doesn't play out that way - here's a case in point). I really wanted to use the silver, the black and white photos of my kids and the turkeys...so we'll see what else I come up tonight when I get it all back on the mantle as the painter is there RIGHT now!! So y'all will see the new color too!
I am selling 2 Johnson Brothers platters....perfect for fall / thanksgiving even Christmas! IF interested leave me a message. One is 12" and the other is approx. 14".

No comments: