Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Rustic Elegance

So when I moved I KNEW I wanted to decorate the next place in a "rustic elegance" style (think classic silver and leathers kinda Ralph Lauren-ish). BUT it was a challenge when everywhere you looked was white walls and a blank canvas! Here's a totally idiotic admission - I was scared to pick the wrong paint color! Now before y'all say "it's only paint" I've said that to myself a million times BUT for some reason, that first color choice on an other wise blank canvas is difficult. BUT a choice has been made...
Remember the mantle wall looked like this?

TA-DA!! Now it looks like this!! Courtesy of "hedgehog" a true value color. I know it looks like a dusty plum but it can also look like a muddy grey...just depends on the lighting. I L O V E it! THe white accessories just POP! off the paint color.
I had the worst time decorating the mantle for thanksgiving(when the walls were white) the silver accents just didn't look right, the white window frame would just blend in with the wall BUT no MORE!! Once the paint was on the walls it was so easy to decorate! It's amazing what a difference paint can make!
NOW, the question is....do I paint the oak fireplace surround a creamy white OR leave it?

Happy WHITE Wednesday! For more white, go to Kathleen's blog http://www.fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! May you all have a blessed holiday with the people you hold near and dear!

No comments: