Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, August 8, 2011

Strike it SILVER

I picked up two of these FAB chairs and KNEW they had potential.....a nice black linen look / denim like fabric in GREAT condition. I was going to paint the trim white BUT thought about it....and wanted a lil more EDGE! So as you can see I pulled the trim off......

Taped plastic garbage bags over the fabric......(which was a major PITA {PainInTheAss} and took days in between coats)......
and VIOLA!! Here is the finished product at the Kane County Flea Market last month! In case you hadn't guessed, I went with SILVER paint! That made these fab chairs modern and hip! A lot of people liked them too! Which is why they S O L D!!! (and honestly I was a lil sad when they sold.....I really liked them....thats the hazard of this business).
Dont be afraid to take a CHANCE! Make it MARVELOUS MONDAY!
p.s. See that FAB silver tree stump?!?! I painted that too - LOTS of people loved it....the husbands and boyfriends couldn't justify PAYING for a tree stump! LUCKILY I got to keep this bad bird!

No comments: