Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, March 19, 2012

Trying something new....

Do you ever get stuck in a rut and make the same things all the time? I do, in fact there was a brief moment in time I was heating up tv dinners (GASP) and calling that cooking.....that's ok every now and then BUT it wasn't due to time crunches, or anything like that....anyway....when I have an internet signal I like to read the blogs! I found a fab recipe that Gen http://jghhass3.blogspot.com/2012/02/just-stuff.html
re-posted (you can find the original recipe on her sight) for this yummy black bean soup! A vegetarian version perfect for lenten friday dinners....I added some fresh made tortilla's and avocados (which I don't like BUT they add a wonderful texture to the soup).


 The weather here in the midwest has been pretty awesome as of late! That results in grilling, craving salads and just enjoying being outside! Some grilled steaks were in order! That were accompanied by grilled potatoes with shredded cheese and bacon, mixed herb garden salad and the perfect excuse to try the Sweet Tomatoes copycat version of their Pineapple coconut slaw (see below for recipe) - SO GOOD!!


Every good meal deserves a GREAT drink! Are any of you a Bethenny Frankel fan? I enjoy her even though sometimes she is rough around the edges and some of the things she does or says makes me say "wha? Did she really just say that!?!?!" Anyway, on her show 2 weeks ago they were sippin on her Skinny Girl Sangria (they added fresh fruit they had lyin around) and I imitated (that's the fruit filled glass you may have noticed in front of my plate!). It was pretty good! I'd buy it again....wal-mart, $12.99 a bottle! 

The Sweet Tomatoes Pineapple Coconut Slaw recipe I found here http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/29278

* 3 Cups of angel hair shredded cabbage (I simply bought the shredded coleslaw mix that has the cabbage and carrots)
*1/4 cup of mayo
*1/4 tsp of salt
*3 tsp of sugar
*3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream
*1/2 a fresh pineapple chopped (I sliced mine into smaller pieces) with the juice
* 1/2 a bag of shredded coconut (I used a 1/4 of a bag)

Put it al in a bowl and mix it together! I let it chill for a few hours before serving.












No comments: