Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, June 12, 2014

TRY IT THURSDAY....Painted Bricks

SO this spring I had the idea to mulch my front yard...extend and define...

 The big flea market weekend had just passed SO there were bound to be a TON of curbside treasures....apparently EVERYONE else had my same idea because there were just a few bits and pieces (there had been a ton the night before BUT my daughter was embarrassed so I figured I'd go in the morning) I DID find these edger bricks....oddly enough the EXACT amount I would need....

SO I laid them out and washed them....I could've left them the natural terracotta.....

BUT I thought they'd look better grey as they would match the siding...SO I employed some child labor....
and VIOLA!!! From THIS....


To THIS.....


And out of curiosity I googled the price of the bricks....


.99/each....NOT too bad BUT I have 18 of them...SO I saved $18.00 and GAINED architecturual interest (hey this would've made a good THRIFTY TUESDAY post)

1 comment:

Julie said...

It looks so much better with the bricks and mulch! Nice work!