Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, April 18, 2011

Green Week....

In honor of Earth day being this week, I figured it was the PERFECT time to blog about the green projects I have done this last week!! And when I say green, I literally mean plant life green!
Last week I showed you my take on natural spring-y Easter decor (I got the idea of branches from Aura Joon). Last week the branch looked like this.....

And in just a week, I have these.....


a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjPBVy_U_VlxE0ZxGkXcDrdZfmzGSmuZswU48vQjMxdLyNDzs3CNhFHyOcKl50NXUQ0wfgBlOBF6Y2a74rEpUux_eCMxYBPHFglJY32w7PWTmysVlHQLr_PLBCqSb0h-SvQS8kCILEWjhg/s1600/IMG_1021.jpg" onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}">
While on Shannon's blog http://thedavisfamilynwa.blogspot.com/ I saw she planted grass seeds in a silver urn and they looked great!! I wanted to try and grow some grass for my easter centerpiece.....and of course I only have a week. SO, I did just as she said - soaked the seeds (not overnight because I didn't have enough time) and planted them here.....

See, how green I am?!?! I used may marketfresh spinach as my mini-green house! Perfect, right?!?! It has a lid and everything and I am RECYCLING!!


Now I'll have you know I came back from my weekend away and excitedly looked into my marketfresh container and all I saw was mold. WHAT? MOLD? I was so sad....I felt defeated....what's a girl to do? I scraped the "moldy" seeds off the top (there were still some seeds in the dirt) SO today I looked in there again and what to my wondering eyes should appear? MORE moldy growth....but wait, this moldy growth is on a stem? How can that be? UM, it's not mold, I think it's just the normal growth process.....



Last weekend I was at my parents and my mom was planting all her seeds for the summer and I wanted in, So I brought this container and my lettuce seeds (mom provided the dirt mix - thanx mom) and 5 days later I had these.....



No comments: