Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, April 29, 2011

MOM Roll the Die

A few weeks ago I was blog surfing and came across this bloghttp://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com/2011/04/framed-hop.html where she made these CUTE frames.....

Since easter has now come to pass and I never got around to making them (because they were so difficult - NOT...insert exasperated sigh here) I had an epiphany to try this.....

How PERFECT!! Since Mother's Day is NEXT weekend May 8th (DID that creep up on you too?) I figured I'd do a cute lil display on the mantle (that way I can showcase the lil cutie things my kids have made for me past Mother's Day's)....I'll try to post pics of that next week SINCE this idea of Mother's Day decorating just popped into my head!!

I could have sworn I had a before pic of these badbirds BUT I bet it was on my cell-y and got lost when I had to wipe the memory....anyway, picture one die red and the other green BOTH with yellow spots.....

With a lil vision and only $1.00 (they were .49 / each at the Salvation Army) I was able to transform them.....BUT first they needed a bath in a lil creamy spraypaint.....

and then I handpainted the dots black.....see I worked smart NOT hard but dropping a lil paint in each dot and simply swirling around.....
Et VIOLA!! Here they are all pretty and normal

Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend! Get out there and create!!

No comments: