Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, April 8, 2011

WOW! It's been forever since I posted....

BUT with good reason! See, first we were here.......
(Wisconsin Dells for Spring Break with the kiddies)
And then I was eating some YUMMY Ropa Vieja (A pulled pork dish from MY new FAVE restaurant Carnivale in Chicago)
Which is decorated like this.....

(I always want to do the naturals and brown tones with a hint of lime green for decorating BUT after being here I was ready to GO COLOR! and BOLD! You see how the paint in the stripes looks worn and aged? I LOVE that! How fun would this look be?!?!)
As of April first my shop is officially closed (so I spent all last weekend moving the store) and the balance of this week trying to put all that stuff from the store in some kind of order.

Maya's school is having a spaghetti fundraiser dinner for the Music Boosters on Saturday and I was asked to make the centerpieces for the auction tables. Here is what I came up with....

LOVE the way they turned out! The music notes are the cardboard that comes in the bottom of your bottled water packs that I simply painted and glittered. THe wands I made from old ribbon spools SO not only did I come up with something pretty cute, I was GREEN while doing so!
Have a GREAT day! Y'all come back now ya hear?!?! I will be posting some pics of my easter decor (which proved to be a challenge this year).

No comments: