Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

IT'S WEDNESDAY.....

....and you know what that means!!! It's What I wore day!! Sadly I have only 1 outfit (I SO NEED a photog or a tripod!!). BUT I do have a FUN jewelry pic!! I am linking up to The Pleated Poppyhttp://thepleatedpoppy.com/2011/04/what-i-wore-wednesday-21/

Layered bracelets are HOTT right now! I first noticed them on Emily on the Bachelor....and then they were popping up in magazines....like People Style Watch April 2011. I have always worn at least 2-3 bracelets at a time BUT after seeing the layered look everywhere, I hopped on the band wagon! Here's my take....

Starting from nearest the hand up: Pearl and sterling bracelet (Salvation Army .99), pearl and tiger eye bracelet (Wal-mart Clearance $1.00), Sterling Faux Tiffany style bracelet (Lillian Vernon 12 years ago), faux pearl and silver strand (Tuesday Morning $2.99), silver fresh water pearl and jade bracelet (Wal-Mart clearance $5.00) and last but not least is my Mother bracelet - sterling with the kids names in blocks and swarovski beads in their birth stones.....

People did an article on how to layer....

*Choose your palette (mine was silver and pearls)
*Try Different textures (mine is pearls, links and silver balls)
*Keep it simple - stack your bracelets on just one wrist and keep all accessories simple (this is a rule I DON'T follow....for me more is always more!!)

I wear these everyday....thru shower and sleep....and they don't bother me a bit! Try stacking and layering - it's FUN!! And you may already have what ya need - just mix and match until you find an arrangement that's pleasing! If you do try it, lemme know and maybe we can do a linky party (oooh, how fun would that be?!?!)


Would you BELIEVE after 80℉ last week, it was only in the 30's this week with SNOW?!?!? What?!?! Snow in April?!?! I LOVE this cozy flannel plaid shirt BUT always worry I am wearing wrong (and look like a Nirvana loving teenager from the early 90's or a lumberjacks wife) SO I wanted to add some fun color and girly elements to it (WHILE staying warm - remember, warm!!). So I added this blue scarf (which I have NEVER wore because I feel like it swallows my entire head)....



And when I had to run errands and be outside I wore this plum colored vest (HOLY big girl...that vest adds like 20 pounds) BUT I was warm and felt like I was RAWKIN' this look, so I guess that's important too!!

Happy Wednesday Y'all!!!

No comments: