Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

GATHER

While perusing blogland I stumbled on Carla's blog http://hammersandhighheels.blogspot.com/2011/10/revisiting-our-fireplace-diy-projects.html and found this image....

I INSTANTLY loved it and knew I wanted to adapt it and create it for my home.....and here is MY version......

When sans mantle (or mantel) one must get a lil creative! I hung my banner from eye screws screwed into the sides of the book shelves (please don't look at the lack of decorating there....still haven't reorganized after the birthday party this past weekend).

I used vintage dictionary book pages (the same I used in the project last week) and simply printed directly on them. Cut 2 slits in the top using an exacto knife and threaded onto jute twine (I LOVE jute twine and use it for many projects)
Here's a close-up of the FAB iron turkey that friends and family covet every Thanksgiving. Purchased Tom many years ago at an auction in Minnesota.....
Have a GREAT day!

No comments: