Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, November 14, 2011

One wreath...many ways

I needed 2 wreath forms for CHEAP! Found these lovely 80's throwback wreaths at the Thrift Store....I got lucky, one was 1/2 off and sadly the other was full price (due to their "color" tags) BUT still, they were only $3.80 for both!


Since they were similar in shape and size, I knew they were perfect! I got to work taking EACH piece of fabric out of the wreaths....
They were stuck into these holes.....
TA-DA!! After they were stripped of their 80's garb!
I cut this skirt into strips.....
And used this skirt to make rosettes (these fab coral beauty was only .10 and adds great texture)

Here is the wreath covered in the grey skirt and embellished with paint chip pennants for my daughter's birthday.
And here they are for the month of November.....

Felt flowers, the orange rosettes and blue fabric rosettes.....I printed out give thanks on green card stock (in a perfect world there would have been green felt flowers too BUT I couldn't find lime green felt)
For Christmas I will add maybe some glittery snowflakes....not sure yet. What I did know going into the project was that eventually the front doors will be painted black (and the grey and orange will pop) and that grey and orange are my neutrals. If you give this project a try, I'd love to see it!

1 comment:

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Clever way to get a cheap wreath form! love how they turned out :)
Lina @fancy frugal life