Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DOLLAR TREE Leopard Placemats

I have been looking HIGH and low for place mats that are washable (ie take a damp sponge and clean them) BUT that are still thick enough to prevent heat spots from forming on the wood. WHAT is a girl to do? 
Make her own OF COURSE!!!


Y'all know I LOVE me some leopard! When I found the leopard place mats at the Dollar Store I was STOKED! But the same problem as always...they were thin.....SO I bought the thicker (UGLY) ones and cut them to size.....

Glues the top of the ugly ones (with super glue also purchased at the Dollar Tree) and piled the cook books on the top to flatten them out and set the glue....


And VIOLA!!


I'm WILD about them!! If ya can't find it, son't be afraid to make it!!

No comments: