Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's Day Decor

I have gone with the more simple approach for Valentine's decorating this go-round.....My lil guy was asking when I was going to decorate for Valentine's Day and I didn't want to disappoint him.....


I got the felt hearts that are hanging from the twine after Christmas from Target for 90% OFF!! So I paid .10 for 3 hearts so I paid .30 for the major portion of the mantle decor!! See that heart next to the lantern? My lil guy drew that for me last year and I simply cut to size and placed in a free standing lucite frame. 

Here was another after Christmas find (sadly only 1/2 off at Wal-Mart which made them .50 each) I KNEW they'd be perfect for V-day!! but this lil display needed something more....somehow a bottle of wine didn't seem cupcake appropriate...


ahhh...that's better! How about some pink lemonade? a cute lil cupcake card (form a pack of 6 found in Michael's Dollar Section) and conversation hearts (en espaƱol) that I put out year after year!! That's more like it!!


Sshhhh, my "pink lemonade" is actually water with a lil pink kool-aid!! I was shopping the house for items that would complete the vignette! 


Tell me what YOU do for Valentine's day!!

No comments: