Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, February 27, 2012

Week in pictures....

I really am trying to be better at blogging! I haven't been so good at it for a few reasons....I've been in a big funk...I feel like I have let life happen to me INSTEAD of MAKING LIFE HAPPEN FOR ME! I am slowly working my way outta the slump.....and variable internet signals make blogging VERY challenging (I am so sad...I can't even visit all my favey blogs). Anyway, here is my week in review....

Here are our paczki / jelly doughnut to celebrate FAT Tuesday....the last day before lent starting....


 We went and got our ashes Wednesday.....I used to give things up like chocolate, snacking, etc...UNTIL I read you are supposed to do something that makes you better....one year I gave up swearing (actually I did that 2 years because the first year I wasn't very successful the first go round). This year I have chosen to give up arguing....this may sound bizarre, confrontational, whatever....I just need to stop engaging....I am always eye for an eye and that has proven to be a major downfall....I need to be bigger than that! Can't let that or my anger get the best of me!


Funny story about this photo.....Thursday Maya had a basketball game an hour away....THIS picture was BEFORE my drive there....

 in BLOWING CRAZY SNOW, SLEET AND ICE. See how happy and calm I look above?!?!? Look at me AFTER the drive there....

 Cranky, unhappy and red faced!! Driving in the snow TERRIFIES me.....shakes me to my core.....

Friday nights dinner......
No meat in Fridays so we had Banana Split Waffles (frozen chocolate chip waffles, topped with banana slices, chocolate syrup and a cherry...we were outta whipped cream) and I OF COURSE wasn't going out in the 5" of snow we got to get whipped cream!!


 The kids were off Friday for a Snow Day so we made CUPCAKES!!! 


Maya and I decorated them.....

 Saturday I took the kids sledding on the hill....luckily I was able to unload half a dozen of the cupcakes we made to Maya's friends!

After getting the photo op pics of the day (ie kiddos sledding) I hopped in the car and pinned!

THIS is where momma belongs! I don't do snow, cold or wet! And they were out there for nearly 2 hours!!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Makaila said...

Oh mama, the funk got you too?? :( Sorry. I had a bad case of it a week or two ago. Bites! I adore that you are going to give up arguing!! Bahahaahaha. I wish you luck!

White Lacquer said...

Those banana split waffles look so delish!! Yummo!

xx. Patience