Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, August 21, 2015

FOODIE FRIDAY....EATING Better, ADDING FLAVOR and making BETTER CHOICES

In todays world fast food and junk food is easier and CHEAPER than the food that is actually good for you and nourishes your body. BELOW is my work lunch from the other day....I brought a salad from home BUT I knew I needed a protein (I don't like hard boiled eggs AND I didn't want those pre-cooked chicken strips because I believe they are full of preservatives) SO I opted for a baked piece of deli chicken (still seemed to have crazy salt though). HERE I made the choice NOT To drive thru Arby's and get a $1.00 roast beef....



Another work lunch consisted of (A SMALL PORTION) of brown rice, a nice flavorful pepper salad (a take on a pinterest recipe) and chicken we grilled at home.....

PERFECT "dessert" sweet and layers of flavor....lightly grilled pineapple, blueberries and blackberries....
I've read all over that weight loss BEGINS in the kitchen. Making better choices certainly supports that theory. I KNOW for myself I can't give up carbs cold turkey BUT I can opt for more protein and veggies vs. the carbs. What's YOUR fave healthy meal?!

No comments: