Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

THRIFTY TUESDAY...PIER ONE INSPIRED LEAF PLACEMATS

I went to Pier One a couple weeks ago KNOWING I'd find AMAZING inspiration for fall....I LEGIT wanted to buy everything in there BUT being a momma on a budget that just isn't possible (I'm sorry @pierone for just gathering inspiration and not purchasing).

THIS Gorgeous place mat was the inspiration for my own DIY...


 (I believe each one retails for around $20.00)
I had 3 rattan place mats at home (it was one of those 'OOOH I need these and I'll find more at another store' WHICH I never did) so I knew for my current table setting I needed three more....FORTUNATELY I went to Pier One First and got inspired BECAUSE I found EXACTLY three of the below place mats @target for .58 / EACH!!! 

Off to @dollartree I went to get my bags of faux silk leaves to glue onto the place mats...

 So far so good....SO on I went gluing another two layers (I didn't do the entire mat because I KNEW I was going to be placing a charger OVER them and in an effort to keep costs low this saved a few dollars as well).



 After I glued down all my leaves I went ahead and gave a quick dusting of white spray paint because I am doing sages, blues and grays for my tablescape this season....

 ( I did start out using the cheap-o spray paint I had on hand which did NOT do the trick....I ended up buying a krylon white primer and that worked like a charm)

Here is the start of my table setting.....
(you can see the centers of the placemats and that I didn't tape them off because it truly doesn't matter to me...if I was selling them I would've made a nice clean edge)

 As you see once you put the charger (which I had on hand from an after holiday clearance sale at Michael's) you can't even tell the entire mat isn't covered with the leaves. These GORG napkins were a clearance find @target (they were $4.48 for a pack of 4 I believe...I didn't pay anything for them because that week that had a promotion if you spent $20.00 on meat you got a $5.00 gift card).


I simply placed my everyday white dinner plates on top of the charger and VIOLA!! It's the start of mt fall table! COME BACK THURSDAY to see the rest of the table and the centerpiece I made!! 

What's YOUR color scheme this fall?!?!



No comments: