Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, September 28, 2017

TRY IT THURSDAY...FALL FLORAL CENTERPIECE

AS I mentioned last week I have been uber inspired by youtube videos....especially Sharonshesofabulous....y'all she really IS FABULOUS!!! Her video  HERE
inspired MY own fall centerpiece!!

I watched her a few times and shopped for my supplies...I WISH I had shopped my house first BECAUSE I already had the paint...like literally exactly the SAME (good to know I am a creature of habit). The paints were from @Joannfabrics and the rest is from @dollartree....


These items I bought with the intent of painting them....I knew the burlap texture would make for a nice painted textured finish....and the decorative gourds I wanted to be able to place here and there...
(if you watched Sharon you know she used different foam rings {my dollar tree was out of the ones she used SO I improvised} and she used 5, I used 2). 

 I popped the gourds on a wooden skewer prior to painting to keep my hands neat and let them dry...

Here you can see I painted the burlap pumpkin, added robins egg blue german glass glitter to the top...
 and if that wasn't enough I added these "spikes" from a pumpkin kit I bought @target last year in the 90% off clearance sale.


I got my floral "picks" by cutting them off bouquets of flowers I purchased from Dollar Tree....

 

I hot glued my rings together like she did (BUT I left the plastic wrap on mine because they are that messy florist foam). I was still able to stick the floral picks through the plastic.


Here are my supplies corralled and ready to go...some items were things I had (like the burlap leaves and the pearls which were given to me by my sista from a different mista). I was SURE these would be ENOUGH flowers...
 I placed my foam ring on top of the urn to be able to move it around and see it from all angles...unbeknownest to me I would end of LOVING it atop the urn (which was a thrifted find).
 I probably COULD have went with just the florals I had as they were BUT I did purchase another bouquet to add....and instead of a mirrored top I used a silver round serving tray from Dollar Tree...

 ABOVE is my finished fall tablescape.....
BELOW is the process....
The centerpiece with two candles (the blue one was BRAND NEW from a garage sale - I paid .50 and it's got GLITTER, the orange one and the subsequent ones below I had in my candle cabinet). I worked my table in layers (to read about the placemats and plate settings go Tuesday's post). Those gray blue lanterns were purchased at the after summer sale at Fam Dolla for $1.00 each
 The small pale milky blue votive holders were from Dollar Tree


In the final picture the mercury glass candle sticks were something I had on hand in my "candle cabinet" and the tapers are a thrift store find...whenever I find multiple tapers in colors I decorate with I pick them up because I know eventually I will use them. 



No comments: