Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Halloween

Halloween is very near and I am still posting about Halloween!! Today I realized that I still hadn't shown these images to you.....

A lil tableau .......vintage mannequin head with and embellished wicked witch hat, I added the sign to the broom, put some glitter christmas balls in a bowl (they were the PERFECT colors for Halloween - silver, grey and black) and added the framed sign "Under my spell" which I printed out form the computer...here is a prime example of what I was talking about before....taking what you have and making it into what you need! The only true halloween elements were the hat and broom....the rest was evoked through imagination
The witchy mannequin started out this way......As you can see in the above picture I added fur trim to the hat and a necklace....
Here is another simple change.....I added a feather boa (thrifted) to my current lampshade. I simply pinned it on there.....
So after the halloween holiday it will look like this again (although I think I am really digging the black feather boa)
Picked up this cute lil floor mat at Dollar Tree (of ALL PLACES!!!!)
I made this.....it's for sale if anyone's interested.....$25.00
I snapped this spooktacular pic of the moon tuesday night.....
While outside taking pics of this guy.....
I got this skully at the thrift...NWT (the tag tells me he's supposed to be a candy dish BUT I thought he'd make a fun addition to my outdoor decor!

Remember these from the pumpkin patch? After seeing the Nester's post on her pumpkins on the table. I decided to put mine there too
Since we eat off this table I needed to be able to move them quick and easy at meal time SO in came the brass tray......
Here they are perfectly movable! BUT I do think I need something else...maybe some leaves? Acorns? Pine Cones?

No comments: