Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Day in the life....

Please tell me someone else out there is feeling the "winter blahs"!?!?!?! I haven't blogged regularly as of late because I've been in a bit of a funk...I'm attributing it to the weather....the winter blahs that just won't go away!! Last year at this time we were sportin flip flops and t-shirts here in the midwest with temps in the balmy 80's!! Anywho, here's what I've been up to this past week!!!

 Celebrated my dad's birthday!! Our usual spot Moy Lee's in the City....HAPPY Birthday Dad!!

Went in and did my placement testing for school - that's right y'all momma's going back to college...I'd day it's time to finish and get a degree - don't you agree??!?! Now in full disclosure, it was big and scary looking (it's been 17 years since I've been in college - HOLY COW - where does time go!?!?!?) and a tad bit akward BUT it was SUCH a feeling of accomplishment once I finished my tests...a lil discouraging to be in the elementary algebra category (I did not know there was a study guide on line or else I would've studied before I went!!). In the next week or so I will be registering - WOOT WOOT!

SUPA low of the week...see that pretty pearl like spot on the kidney in the right of the picture? Yeah, that's a 1cm kidney stone...BOO....I had ESWL (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy) prodecure on Tuesday and I am almost feeling back to normal...I was put under anesthesia (which is SO SCARY to me and I hate)

Some home made chicken noodle soup 
 My SUPA FAB sis drove 3 hours EACH WAY out to me to take me in for my procedure, wait and bring me back home....thank you Steph for re-arranging your entire day to be there for me - it meant more than you will EVER KNOW! Love ya!

A self portrait the day of the procedure....OBVIOUSLY before the procedure

http://objectofmayaffection.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-day-in-life.html I blogged about this here.....FAB MK purse....incredible enough the universe answered my call.....


THIS gorg bag arrived on my doorstep the day after my "procedure" (hence the AWFUL pic)...THANK YOU bag fairy - what an awesome surprise ;)

Colorful fun flowers 

And pretty yellows brightened up my day

Friday night "window shopping" at Target...FAB wedges

Chic silver and white vases

And a FAB pop of yellow! 

Ended the week with a pedi and reflexology massage....
What did YOU do this week?!?!?

No comments: