Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, September 4, 2015

FOODIE FRIDAY...ZUCCHINI Boats with MEATn in the TOASTER OVEN

SO in an effort to be the BEST version of me I can be I am always looking for new innovative ways to incorporate veggies and clean eating into my diet (I said INCORPORATE NOT go full throttle). I did the South Beach diet over 10 years ago and it was really good - flavorful meals, I ate stuff i never thought I would....THIS was a take on a recipe from that book. I had some leftover zucchini and didn't want it to go to waste (we had grilled the weekend before)....

SO I cooked up some ground beef, added red and yellow peppers....
 While the meat filling was cooking I hollowed out the zucchini boats AFTER cutting the zucchini in half (I used a melon baller and while it got the pulp out O think I should've just used a spoon and had a cleaner edge  - and no lil holes in the bottom)

Once I had all my pulp I decided to swirl ir around the bullet and make it more consistent with the meat...

Here it is added to the meat....made a nice thick "sauce"


Placed my boats on parchment paper and the toaster oven tray (that's right folks, we made these babies in the TOASTER OVEN)
 Sprinkled with Italian Mix cheese and broiled in Toaster Oven until a beautiful golden brown started happening....

Dinners Served!

1 comment:

Andrea Nine said...

Never met the zucchini I didn't like!! Ha ha Ha! I did South Beach back about 12 years ago myself and I really love the recipes and to this day I incorporate some of them in our meals. Hope this long weekend is full of love and laughter!!! ;-)