Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, September 24, 2010

Bittersweet

Since moving my decor style and theme has changed...in the last house I did the reds, golds and browns for the formal living room, BUT no more! I am going for a 'rustic elegance' look in this house....whites, creams, burlap, leather, texture and a POP of color. Granny Smith Apple Green happens to be THAT color of the moment for me!

I had this vase in the garage and was unsure why I even bothered to move it....I was ready to pitch it in the trash when I said to myself 'WAIT! Aren't you always reading on blogs how these girls spray paint everything and anything that doesn't move?!?' YES!
(edited to add the vase pic was taken with camera phone)
So I busted out my trusty can o'paint and gave it a few sweeps of color.....

PERFECT play off the orange in the bittersweet (which was purchased this past weekend @ the Flea) and the leaves in my pottery. Here's a lil tip of the day : use it all! By that I mean, these leaves fell off the "bouquet" of leaves (and were in the bottom of the cello wrap) that I have on my mantle and my first reaction was to throw them away too! BUT the wheels started turning and I knew I could do a cute lil arrangement in the pottery (I was thinking a candle in a jar initially BUT LOVE the white pumpkin). HAPPY FALL Y'All!

5 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

cuteness! LOVE that pot:) I love that Granny Smith green mixed with orange and black for Halloween this year !!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

That green is GORGEOUS with the orange berries, excellent choice. Love how your display came together. Yeah, spray paint, we sure do love it.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Those colors are beautiful together. Thanks for linking up and joining my party today! Happy Fall! :-)

Glenda said...

I just got back into town, and made my way over to visit. I'm a girl who loves color, the Granny Smith green speaks to me. Love it! Just became your 25th follower. Yeah! Be back soon.
~G~

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Beautiful arrangement! Puts me in the mood for fall!