Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

FAB Weekend / Going Green

My guy and I got away for a night in Chicago this past weekend! It was Pretty Woman-esque....We stayed at The Omni Hotel on Michigan Avenue...
This was our Suite.....



We were tourists in the city for the day and it was GREAT!! We had some FAB meals (who knew Ralph Lauren had a restaurant?!?! I had no idea!)....speaking of Ralph Lauren, check out these fab windows at the Ralph Lauren store....

Silver, crystal, candles and layer upon layer of yumminess!
And the clothing window was equally wonderful! Layers everywhere! Burlap (look closer at the chair), wooden crates, dried florals, leather, soft blankets....
And speaking retail, we did some damage ourselves! I couldn't resist taking a pic of all our bags piled on the chair!

and just in case you were wondering what was in those bags, here's my treasures....


FAB bling-ed out Lucky boots!
Turquoise Ralph Lauren bracelet
and the piece de resitance.....momma's gotta a brand new Coach bag!! We had to go to 3 different stores to get this WONDERFUL color (a copper-y gunmetal) and the leather's as soft as butta! We had a really wonderful weekend and ended it by going on an architectural river cruise. I enjoyed EVERY moment with my baby! Thanks sweetie, I LOVE you!

I came home fulla inspiration after seeing all the fab window creations and displays. I saw this project last week here http://alisa-thesweetlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/tp-toilet-paper-pumpkin-tutorial.html and wanted to give it a go! So simple and Alisa has easy to follow directions on her blog - go check it out!!

We started with this (a roll-a TP and a sweater).....

Which then morphed into this odd shaped ball of sorts....

and by adding the best-est stick around (which you can easily find under a big 'ol tree at your kids school...to which my daughter says "boy mommy, you find garbage everywhere you go. weren't you embarrassed picking that up by school?" of course not I respond!!). Now maybe you can tell what we're making....what's your guess? Leave me a comment and let me know....




No comments: