Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hot CROSS Buns

While out on a junk huntin' jaunt I found this FAB bookshelf! Had NO idea what I was going to do with it BUT knew I HAD to HAVE IT can we say steal?!?!). So it sat in the garage and I walked past it everyday, and then one day BAM! It came to me....a countertop (for now until we get an island) cookbook shelf!
And as I was cleaning her fabness I noticed this....
I think this is a church hymnal shelf....I stopped, even felt a lil guilty that I was going to use her to hold cookbooks....BUT then I realized I SAVED her! and cookbooks are after all the bibles of the kitchen, no?
SO, here she is on the counter....allowing my cookbooks to rein!
NOW, the question is, do I dress her in white and distress her? Leave me a comment and let me know what ya think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave it, but paint the kitchen walls!

Janae @ Somewhat Couture said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! Are you a Janae too? Awesome! I love your blog. You like junk like me!!