Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, October 26, 2012

SHUT THE Front door Friday

The Evolution of the Halloween / Fall Porch


What started out like this....

Became more fall like when I added the bale of hay....

Do you see what I added next?!?!?!

Mr. Scarecrow is resting atop the hay....But I decided he needed so feathered friends of sorts....

And as we all know, feathered friends need a perch....So my mom and I went walking one day and picked through a brush pile on the curb to procure these "branches"

I added my (metal) fine feathered friends...

and then I added so black crows....

When you got your October edition of County Living I KNOW you fell in love with at least ONE element on the cover - mine was the half and half pumpkin....


So as any good crafter does, I ran to Michael's to get my large funkin....which thankfully was half off...

and I painted her Robins egg blue and gold.... 
(this picture was taken near sunrise this morning hence the darker hues)

I want to try and do a fall porch linky party...is anyone game?!?! I'd LOVE to see how you decorated YOUR front porch, stoop, patio, etc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would so be in, except I have done Nothing. Boooo on me! :)

Love your decor, so fun!