Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thrifty Tuesday....Make up organizer

WELCOME to thrifty tuesday!! Y'all are in on my dirty lil secret - my name is Janae and I LOVE to thrift! I would choose the thrift over the mall ANYDAY(it's all about the thrill of the hunt at the thrift - what will be found there? How much digging will I have to do? What great invention will I come up with based on a thrifted find?!?!).  It wasn't always so my friends - you see, back when I was younger and thrifted my sis and I would go together.....we had a code - we were so creative - we called it the "TS"...we went there to get designer clothes and CHEAP-O prices (and then we would tell our friends what store it was REALLY from - ie Express, Gap, Marshall Fields, etc - OR the best one was "it's from a local boutique" LOL!!!). These days I PROUDLY speak of my thrifty finds because as Eric Clapton sings "It's in the way that you use it...." If you are dressed FAB AND on a budget, why not shout from the rooftops?!?!?! If ya look like a hobo, well that's another story!! Ok, on with the show...

I found this dirty lil baby at the salvation army for .59....I KNEW upon first glance this old pen / desk organizer would be PERFECT for my eyeshadows and brushes!



With it's lil swivel drawers.....and divided compartments....

 oooh, aahhhh, doesn't it look FAB?!?!? and organized?!?! and neat?!?! 

All the brushed go on one side, the eye pencils on the other, eyeshadow rounds in the top along with brush cleaner....

Wouldn't you agree - IT'S IN THE WAY THAT YOU USE IT?!?!?!

What have you thrifted lately that has changed YOUR Life?!?!?

No comments: