Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, February 8, 2013

Foodie Friday....Lasagna Roll ups

I cook at home - A LOT!! So that means I need to come up with different meals and creative uses for left overs....like this meal was made from left overs.....
Lasagna Roll Up's

Started their life as zucchini boats....

I had a few left over zucchini boats...so I emptied the ground beef and cheese mixture out of them...and threw the zucchini into the food processor....


Added the zucchini to the ground beef and mixed with some tomato sauce....

I pre-cooked my lasagna noodles for 8 minutes (al dente so they wouldn't get too mushy once in the oven)

I added about a tablespoon of mixture to the noodle and rolled.....repeat until finished :)


Top with mozzarella cheese and I added a small amount of sauce (my kids hate sauce) 
Bake until cheese is melted!! (and then I broiled on HI for about 4 minutes so the cheese would carmelize)....
I will tell you, the kids HATED this meal....(it was the zucchini). I enjoyed it!! It's a nice servable portion without making an entire lasagna.


2 comments:

Kate@StillRoomToGrow said...

this looks great! I may have to try this, i'm sure my kids would not like it either.

Style Journey said...

This looks wonderful! I cook at least 6 days a week, so I know how you feel about being creative and coming up with new recipes. We did stuffed shells for dinner tonight and it was hit! Heather