Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, February 22, 2013

FOODIE Friday French Bread Pizza'a

I realize this isn't a "I re-invented the wheel" post BUT when talkin to my girl Merleen the other day she told me how she made these french bread pizzas for her fam and I was like "what a BRILLIANT idea" LOL!! Sometimes you forget how basic can be FAB!! 

I started with a loaf of french bread (I bought mine the day before when I was at the grocery store and I cut it then while it was fresh so it wouldn't be all crumbly the next day...I simply sliced it in half). Grabbed some pasta sauce (what I had on hand) mozzarella and pepperoni...

I spread a thin layer of sauce on my halved breads....

Topped with shredded mozzarella....

Added some pepperoni (that I cut into heart shapes - because I love my lil family)

Popped it in the oven and baked on 385 until the cheese melted (once the cheese was melted I turned the broiler on high for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese)

TA-DA!! Here is your finished product! SUPER quick and easy and the topping options are ENDLESS!! 

No comments: