Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, February 21, 2013

TRY It Thursday

While shopping at TJ Maxx one day I saw these candles....


Can we say L O V E?!?!?!

 I think they were 20+ dollars a piece and I KNEW I could do something similar for less!! Here's my version....



I started out with candles from the "thrift shop" (Ya know before Macklemore made it cool). One was like .59 and the other was an older one I had that the wick some how burnt all the way out of


The crucifixes are from Michael's jewelry section and I picked them up on clearance with the intent of added them to candles!!

I simply removed the loop with a pair of jewelry pliers....

I used e600 to glue them onto the candles...I allowed them to ute for an hour before standing upright...


While they looked fab, to me they lacked a lil somethin somethin....
I added tacks above and below the crucifixes...

and TA-DA!!!

No comments: