Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Try it Thursday....ORGANIZING the Kitchen Cabinets

Do any of you have that corner cabinet that SUPER deep and things get lost back in the oblivion OR you just don't use the space?!?! Well I do, and that why I KNEW I had to come up with a better storage solution...these solutions will work for any cabinets or your pantry...

This is not an original idea - it's been ALL OVER Pinterest....
 Using coffee creamer containers to store daily items (there is a bit of a challenge figuring out what will fit out through the hole of you want to use it as a pour and store). I have sugar, yogurt covered raisins, chocolate chips and dark chocolate covered prunes....

All my canned goods are now organized and easily visible....any guesses what this is...

"Instant Meals" are kept in this rounder (mac n cheese cups, tuna, soup in a can, spaghettio's...all the meals of champions!! LOL - every mom needs a QUICK meal every now and then)

And here is my cabinet....everything in it's place and a place for everything...I grouped like items together ; on the top left is pasta, sauces and rices (ie my grains) the back are things I use every now and again for certain recipes (vinegar, corn flakes, french's fried onions) and the top right is canned goods and instant meals

The bottom of the shelf left side are snacks (graham crackers, belvita crackers, candies, poptarts, peanut butter) center is oatmeal - instant and regular and the left is boxes of cereal - my kids go thru cereal like NOBODY'S business (behind the front boxes is the same in the back)

 When I saw this rounder at the thrift I knew it would be perfect for cans, etc my aunt said it was for that stacking tupperware from the infomercial....after bleaching it real good I put it to work (as seen above for the "instant meals"


If YOU guessed this is a soda can holder you were right!! Remember back in the 90's we all had these in our fridge corralling soda cans?!?!? When I was trying to think of how to best utilize my space I knew this would be perfect because it could go in on the diagonal....and a few days later I scored one at the thrift!!
What are you organizing tips?!?!

No comments: